[mythtv-users] HDHR Firmware and Software Upgrade for Mythbuntu

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Thu May 16 16:50:51 UTC 2013

I don't believe there are version support issues with Myth or Ubuntu. I believe HDHR FW has no entanglements with either. However, I do recommend caution. I have an original HDHR and upgraded it to the latest fw. After the upgrade my video quality was horrible. I had a lot of audio and video glitches and drop outs. The solution was easy. I still had a copy of of the old FW and simple reflashed the old rev and the problem went away.

I've never used ubuntu repos to get HDHR software or FW. I always gotten it off the silicondust website and flashed via the command line. They don't have links posted for old FW, but old FW is available by hand editing the download link with your FW rev number. I think there is a command line option for reading your current FW rev. I would download your current FW rev before attempting the upgrade.

Good luck