[mythtv-users] Ceton infiniTV 6 tuner devices announced (PCIe and Ethernet)

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:06:01 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Ronald Frazier
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:55 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Ceton infiniTV 6 tuner devices announced (PCIe
and Ethernet)

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Patrick Ouellette <pat at flying-gecko.net
<mailto:pat at flying-gecko.net> > wrote:

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:28:46AM -0700, Tom Harris wrote:

> No drivers are needed for the Ethernet version, but code changes
definitely
> are needed for MythTV to receive streams from it (unless there is a
> previous ethernet-based Ceton which is already supported).

I doubt the MythTV code needs changed much - it supports accessing the
current
PCIe card via network address now.  It may need to be modified to get access
to the additional 2 tuners..

Recording is now done entirely via RTP/RTSP, so I agree that the recording
code shouldn't be affected. Tuning is done via the ceton's web interface.
Assuming the ethernet version presents you with the exact same web interface
as the PCIe does (with the same parameter names and everything), then that
should work fine too. The other part is when configuring the cards...I'm not
positive, but I do not believe I put any sort of hardcoded range check on
the tuner numbers when you are configuring them, so 2 additional tuners
numbered 4 and 5 would get you the additional 2. I'm pretty sure I left this
open on purpose, because Ceton had already unofficially announced their
intention to create the 6 tuner version before I wrote the code.

--
Ron Frazier

Has anyone gotten an ETH version to confirm?

I have been needing to upgrade my tuner count. After 5 years the wife
finally broke down and learnt how to use myth and now my HDHR Prime is not
exactly cutting it anymore. I was considering a second one, but that would
require another cable card. This would work wonderfully.

MarcT