[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel-change error on 0.25.3

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon May 20 16:32:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 8 May 2013 08:33, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Replying to myself: As a follow-up to this, I discovered commit
> > edefeb6f4c8d9deb792793acb22d342db90411cf in master
> > (c1147b634ad9977d3bb480121b300ed92376b9a7 in 0.25-fixes,
> > 69cd78b4028b7b585d238713151b684c291158e7 in 0.26-fixes) solved this
> problem.
> > It references ticket 11459, but those symptoms (problems in seeking) were
> > not what I was experiencing. I guess I just had a build which happened to
> > fall between the regression and its fix.
> >
> > Karl
>
> Thanks for the finding.
>
> Can you open a ticket on code.mythtv.org with that information ?
> I'll follow up on this later

I'm not entirely sure that the latest commit has fixed it, actually. We
recently had similar symptoms (channel change failure in Live TV) so I
assumed it was the same problem so I updated my patches to back out all
three commits and recompiled. I'm a little fuzzy on what happened next (not
sure if I tested it or not) but I do know that I rebooted and it worked
(with all 3 related commits backed out). It's possible, maybe even likely,
that a reboot would have solved it without backing out the commits. I
haven't followed up yet by restoring the commits. I can say that the commit
I mentioned fixed the problem when I first tested it immediately after
compiling. When I get a chance I'll try it again and follow up with a
ticket.

@Tom Dexter: Yes, this was 0.25.3_p20130422 which should have the fix.

Karl