[mythtv-users] Prevent slave startup

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Wed May 22 15:31:39 UTC 2013

On 22/05/2013 8:43 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 5/21/2013 2:00 PM, Fred Watt wrote:
>> Is there a way to prevent the slave from starting when I restart the
>> master mythtvbackend? For various reasons I don't want the slave to keep
>> on booting ever time I recycle the master - only want it to start on
>> record or other scheduled events.
>
> You don't prevent the slave from starting when you restart your master
> backend, because the slave is on a different machine. It remains
> running throughout the restart of the master backend, and
> automatically reconnects to the master when it is available again.
>
> I think there's a serious misunderstanding of the roles of various
> applications here. Could you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to
> accomplish?

If a slave backend is asleep, and the MBE process is restarted (or the
MBE machine is rebooted), the MBE will wake all SBE's on startup.  I
dont believe that this can be prevented, as the MBE assumes the SBE's
are unavailable until they connect.  if the SBE's are not required for
recording, they will shut down fairly quickly.