[mythtv-users] Menu Theme

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Sun May 26 09:10:59 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I switched themes today to MythMediaSteam. I also selected this as the menu
theme.

I would however like to change one word in the menu. The main menu has
"Films" in it for video and I would like to reword it "Library"

I just cannot find the right page in the wiki. I have also used a find .
-type f -exec grep -l Films {} \;  on the frontend and backend as well as
dumped myconverge and I can't figure out where to modify something.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Phil

You probably want to direct this to the Theme mailing list.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/theming/

I have tinkered with 0.25 themes to get one that I like so can't comment
directly on the MythMediaStream theme but if you are talking about the root
menu then I would suspect you should be looking in mainmenu.xml

Probably not much help but on my Windows box it's located at:

    "C:\MythTV\share\mythtv\themes\Red Car\mainmenu.xml"

On my Myth frontend on Fedora the themes are at:

   /usr/share/mythtv/themes

Remember you will probably need to restart the frontend to make any changes
effective.

Good luck

Cheers