[mythtv-users] Zotac ID41 as frontend

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Tue May 28 14:55:16 UTC 2013

On 28/05/2013 8:11 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Josu Lazkano wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am planning to change my old frontend and repleace it with a Zotac
>> ID41 ION1 based box.
>>
>> I have some questions about it:
>>
>> 1. I read on the official Zotac web that it support 2x204-pin DDR2-800
>> SO-DIMM. Do you recommend to use both slots? Is enough with 2x1GB
>> (DDR2-800)?
> My current Mythfrontend has 1Gb, more than plenty imo.
While I've effectively retired my Zotac, you might want to search the
lists regarding ram/shared memory.  IIRC, there was an issue with the
ION boards that you needed a certain amount of ram (think it was 2Gb) to
allocate the max shared memory to the GPU.  I do recall with certainty
that using 2 sticks (enabling dual channel) did fix some playback issues.

Andrew.