[mythtv-users] Red drives

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue May 28 20:53:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 03:11:37PM -0500, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> >From what I understand, they are 5400 RPM.
>
> Just curious if anyone's using the WD Red drives in their backends? I read somewhere that they were very reliable.

    You don't have to use any sort of special drives for MythTV.
Even if you use the cheapest things that you can lay your hands
on, you should be fine. Occasionally, one particular vendor might
have a bad run but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

    Use two drives and mirror them if you're really worried.