[mythtv-users] Hardware list for new mythtv box

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed May 29 05:13:11 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of LAUKENS Niels
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:23 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Hardware list for new mythtv box

On 2013-05-26 05:23, Marc Tousignant wrote:

>I have an ionitx-c-u
>(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500028) by
>zotac running as my frontend, they no longer make it, as its I think 3
>years old now, but the iontix-t looks like it should work.
>http://www.zotac.com/products/mainboards/integrated-intel-cpu/zotac-ion
>itx
>/product/zotac-ionitx/detail/ionitx-t-series/sort/crdate/order/DESC/amo
>unt
>/10/section/specifications.html
>
>If you put it in a mini case, and net boot it, there will be no fans at
>all, because it has an external brick for power.

The problem is that I can't find a case that supports this configuration
without fan. Closest I've found in the M350, which supports fully passive
cooling for <10W TDP CPUs, but the IONITX-T-E has an Atom D525, which has
13W TDP + the ION-GPU which will also produce some heat.
So I'm a bit afraid that it might get a little too warm in there...

Niels

*** Disclaimer ***
Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie Auguste Reyerslaan 52, 1043
Brussel

nv van publiek recht
BTW BE 0244.142.664
RPR Brussel
http://www.vrt.be/gebruiksvoorwaarden

That's actually the same case I am using, but the ionitx-c-u uses an Atom
230 which has a TdP of 4W

MarcT