[mythtv-users] Does find_orphans.py work on 0.26?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed May 29 13:04:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 21:25:59 +1000, you wrote:

>I need to clean up some orphaned recordings. I don't have
>find_orphans.py on my Mythbuntyu 0.26 box, and I notice that
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py says it's supported by 0.24
>and 0.25, but no mention of 0.26. Is it safe to run on 0.26 or has it
>been replaced by something else?

Yes, it does work, but there is now a longer delay for MythTV to do
some things, like deleting things, so when it refreshes, you can see
things on the list again that you have already deleted.  It does not
hurt if you delete them again, but it is probably better to just keep
on refreshing for a while until they get actually deleted and
disappear from the list.