[mythtv-users] 'Failed to Delete File' from within Video Library

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:12:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

I recently started downloading a few video podcasts (Everything perfectly
legal).  The video file is placed in a folder in my video library so that I
can watch them from myth.  When I finish watching one, I would like to be
able to delete it.  When I tried by pressing 'd' I first get a prompt, "Are
you sure you sure you want to delete:..." Upon selecting 'OK' I get a
second message informing me, "Failed to delete file".

I have checked the permissions and I don't see a problem.  I tried changing
the parent folder's owner to 'mythtv' as well as all the files.  I can
delete the file from within thunar using the same user that runs
mythfrontend.

I'm running mythbuntu 12.04 LTS with 0.26-fixes (well except that
I haven't updated in a couple of months).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy