[mythtv-users] Poll took an unusually long time

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu May 30 08:43:44 UTC 2013

HI!

On 30.05.2013 09:41, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:

> Which kernel did you use when you were using 0.23 and everything was Ok ?

I think 3.5. But IIRC correctly, I also had the problem with kernel 3.5
and Myth 0.26.

In the meantime, I looked at DeviceReadBuffer.cpp and I see that there
is a timeout of 2500ms for polling the DVB card.

Then it should either give up or try again, depending on the return code
of the driver.

But that does not happen. Also, I am using log level general but don't
see any of the other "Poll" related log messages that this method writes
in case of poll timeouts. I only see the one from the subject of this
thread.

Looks to me like poll() does not respect the given timeout.

Regards,
Thomas