[mythtv-users] Lowest power HD frontend?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 30 20:53:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:14 AM, Jeff Siddall <news at siddall.name> wrote:
> Well... but my assessment the IONITX qualifies as "small, fanless, low power
> and capable of deinterlacing 1080i in 60 Hz countries", but I was hoping
> something more ideal had come out in the past few years.

AFAIK, none of the IONs could reliably do Advanced 2X on 1080i at 60Hz.
You must be one of those who either have a good post-processing engine
on your TV, or run a lower quality deinterlacer, or are one of the fortunate(?)
ones that do not see (or are not bothered by) the observed issues referred to
as motion-blur/jitter/stutter/judder/jerkiness/jumpiness/shockiness that
some of us find as quite bothersome.  Since this is absolutely a personal
perception issue, some will see it, and some will not (just as some found
CRT 60Hz flicker a problem, and some never did).  I presume that there is
a good physiological reason some see the issue and some do not, but I'll
let the medical professionals deal with that.

Gary