[mythtv-users] getting started

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri May 31 00:14:40 UTC 2013

What I want to do is run everything on the one PC. I have Myth TV front and
back installed, can't get them to work, I have Mythbuntu control center,
still no success, I've even installed Mythbuntu in it's own partition on my
hard drive, no luck. there has to be a simple way to record TV and edit out
commercials. Any suggestions? ...Yes I have two tuner cards, one of which
is touted to work in another post, an Hauppauge 1250, also a Kworld hybrid.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> You really do not need to run any WM (window manager) and/or DE
> (desktop environment) for a single X application. You can run MythTV
> directly on Xorg.
>
> > > Just a quick note to say you might want to change your signature si
> > > that the entire Internet doesn't get your full home address!
>
> I was amazed when I saw that signature first, it contained '-- '
> separator which instructs all decent email clients to cut off
> everything below it. Didn't expect top posting after that ...
>
> --
> Cheers, Saul

Daryl & Angela McDonald
2116 Curry Ave. Windsor, Ontario