[mythtv-users] 0.27 Frontend for Windows

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 11:46:06 UTC 2013

Well after many failures thanks to something in my Gentoo host's cross
compilers I finally managed some success using an Ubuntu chroot!
It needs testing obviously, because as mentioned I still run 0.25 and can
only test that the exe starts up.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvwindows/files/v0.27-41-g1224f05/mythtv
-v0.27-41-g1224f05-w32.zip/download (no plugins, see below)

The plugins appear to have been built (I used the packaging script) but of
course I have no way of testing them.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvwindows/files/v0.27-41-g1224f05/mythtv
-v0.27-41-g1224f05-w32-WITH-plugins.zip/download

Please let me know how it goes!

As for the threads issue, adding --enable-pthreads to myth's configure makes
it work, so seems to be an error message fail.
I still need to do a bit of work before I can automate it like the other
builds.

  _____

Tried it last night, it kept looping back to the configuration screen.
After twisting in the wind a bit, I noticed that Norton was getting upset
with registry changes.
As it was late, I packed it in for the night. Hopefully, I'll get to it
today and see if I can beat Norton into obedience with my and MythTV's
wishes.

[Mark] I tried to run as well and had the same problem with persistent
looping back to the configuration screen. I have Norton as well but didn't
appear to be getting any problem notifications.  What I did notice is that
it kept trying to connect to the localhost (initially the IPV6 variant I
think ::1 or something then once I set the windows default to IPV4,
127.0.0.1). It was not using the IP address added to the config screen
(which incidentally was auto-detected correctly at each loop). I looked for
somewhere to change this value but the few places I tried made no difference
(mythtv\share\mythtv\backend-config\config_backend_database.xml and
config_backend_general.xml were the two files I tried). Also tried updating
hosts file but also made no difference just kept trying to connect on
127.0.0.1 and persistent looping.

I separately tested connectivity to the database from the windows machine
successfully. If anyone can let me know where to change the 127.0.0.1
default it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else who needs to change default IPV6 behaviour to default to IPV4
see here -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852