[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Nov 4 22:34:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
> Ala-Carte doesn't mean that there won't still be bundles, or
> incentives to take channels you wouldn't typically buy.

This is more or less what I was alluding to with the phrase "flexible
volume discounts" but this kind of flexibility is really complicated
when you think about how you would actually implement it and explain
it to average customers.  Does the carrier pay different fees to the
channels depending on which bundle the user is in?  If so, why should
a news channel effectively give a discount if the user will also
subscribe to a competitor's channel?

Eric