[mythtv-users] Alternatives to lossless transcode

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Wed Nov 6 05:30:43 UTC 2013

On 11/5/2013 8:33 PM, mark wrote:
> On 05/11/13 10:45, mark wrote:

>>> For anyone who has had a problem with 0.26 and 0.27 lossles mpeg2
>>> mythtranscode I think I figured out the problem and added a patch to
>>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11213 that should fix the problem.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> John, thank you greatly for your efforts they are much appreciated. I
>> have applied the patch however have only tested on three files. All
>> three worked successfully so very promising so far. Will continue to
>> test as much as I can over the next week.
>>
> I hate to say it but I've had a failure now (lossless mythtranscode to
> remove commercials then post-process with Handbrake). Severe audio /
> video out of sync (1sec) and a log full of errors similar to what I've
> seen previously (ie "write_section_data: PID 0x192 CRC error" and
> "start time is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts" for example).
> Link to log file ->
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhmb75x4ma51f9g/mtccen1099_20131105100000.log.
> Will re-run and see if result is consistent / repeatable.
>
> If anyone identifies anything from the log file please let me know.
>
> MythTV Version : v0.27-63-g8845997
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
> Network Protocol : 77
> Library API : 0.27.20131021-1
> QT Version : 4.8.4
> Options compiled in:
>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
> using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
> using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
> using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
> using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
> using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
>

> Mark.

Does the original file have any audio problems, etc.? Can Handbrake
successfully encode the original file without audio problems, etc.? Does
the losslessly transcoded file have the audio problems and errors i.e.
before Handbrake processing?

The errors ("write_section_data: PID 0x192 CRC error" and "start time is
not set in estimate_timings_from_pts") in the log seem to be occurring
when mythtranscode is scanning the input file for analysis. The other
errors seem to occur when generating the keyframe index.