[mythtv-users] Antenna pointing apps?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Nov 7 21:51:43 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 20:51, Zig wrote:

> On 11/7/2013 1:55 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 11/07/2013 12:53 PM, Zig wrote:
>>> The signal monitor does not work for me. I have tried different
>>> themes, retro-wide, bluetube, mythbuntu, and blue abstract.  the
>>> signal osd does not come up and the live TV keeps playing.  As I
>>> recall the video used to pause while the signal osd was being displayed.
>>
>> Try MythCenter-wide or Terra, at least.
>>
>> Mike
> Just tried Terra and MythCenter-wide... no luck. There is no response at
> all to Alt-F7.
> Ziggy

I get a signal monitor display with Alt-F7 using MythCenter-wide on the
laptop, MythTV 0.27-fixes and SL6, for both SD and HD DVB channels in
the UK.  As I reported earlier, I see what seems to be a later version
of MythCenter-wide on my F18 box, but that's currently recording 6 channels.

It seems to me likely that this will depend on the device and its
driver.  This is a PCTV290e, kernel 3.10.18-1.el6.elrepoNONPAE.i686

John P