[mythtv-users] Myth doesn't record onto my NAS

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 8 14:00:06 UTC 2013

On 11/08/2013 08:54 AM, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 8/11/2013 5:28 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>> A few days ago I realized myth was not using the second directory in
>> my Default storage group for storing recordings.  I'm not sure it
>> ever was.  It can play recordings from there without issue.  I can
>> move a recording from the first to the second and it will still play
>> back.  But it only seems to ever create new recordings in the first
>> directory.  I came to know this because the drive containing the
>> first directory filled up, even though myth was reporting lots of
>> free space available.
>>
>> The first directory is on a drive internal to the backend.  The
>> second is on a network-connected NAS, cifs mounted on the backend.
>> The directory has a+rwx permissions.  Any suggestions what to look at
>> next?
>>
>> -J
>
> Ensure that the user running the MythTV Backend has write access to
> the mounted file system.

FWIW, if MythTV had tried to write to the file system and was unable,
Jerry would have ended up with non-existent files for some of his
recordings.  It doesn't sound like that's the case (I would have
expected such a complaint to be prominent in the question).  So, MythTV
hasn't chosen to write to the file system, because of the
currently-specified Storage Group Disk Scheduler.

Mike