[mythtv-users] Also trying to set up on Comcast w/ HDHomerun Prime and CableCARD

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sat Nov 9 21:09:41 UTC 2013

I've been using HDHomeRun Prime without a cablecard for quite a while,
but like others, I am now trying to get ready for Comcast's coming
encryption of basic channels. I've followed what directions I can find
for setting up the HDHomeRun Prime with CableCARD. I was able to get the
card paired and activated without much trouble. I got it to give me a
list of my subscribed channels and I enabled those on my schedulesdirect
entry although there were a small number missing or mismatched there.

Next for mythtv - I deleted all the channels, then cleared all the cards
and connections and re-entered them as per:

   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime

This says not to scan for channels, but simply to hit "fetch channels
from listings source." When I was done I did the obligatory
  mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

After this it *looks* good, and I can record various of the subscribed
channels that I've tried.  However, mythbackend logs a lot of complaints
when it tries to tune (even tho it succeeds) including things like
"UpdateFilters called in wrong tune mode " and things about the PAT,
like this:

2013-11-09 14:39:37.407848 I [2102/2124] Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2644 (HandleRecordingStatusChange) - Tuning recording: "MC Light Classical": channel 2441 on cardid 1, sourceid 2
2013-11-09 14:39:37.960711 E [2102/3213] HDHRStreamHandler recorders/dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:322 (HandlePAT) - DTVSigMon[1](13128E8F-0): Program #0 not found in PAT!
Program Association Section
 PSIP tableID(0x0) length(13) extension(0x0)
      version(7) current(1) section(0) last_section(0)
      tsid(0) programCount(1)
  program number    50 has PID 0x1250

2013-11-09 14:39:37.960739 E [2102/3213] HDHRStreamHandler recorders/dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:327 (HandlePAT) - DTVSigMon[1](13128E8F-0): But there is only one program in the PAT, so we'll just use it

While a recording is made, I am concerned about all those messages.
Is there something I've screwed up and need to correct? I'm fussing a bit
since I don't know what will happen in a few days when Comcast throws the
switch.

Yours,
mm

PS: I'm also bummed that a lot of the local PBS channels and a few
others that I can now get via clear QAM aren't listed in my subscription.
But once they make the switch maybe I'll try scanning for channels and
see if they are still there.