[mythtv-users] Select Dropdown for Mythweb

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Nov 14 18:30:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>
>> Mythweb is being replaced? What's the story on this?
>>
>> Mythweb has basically been on life support for quite a while now, as I
> see it.  In other words, modified to continue working after schema and
> protocol changes, but virtually without new features.  That is unlikely to
> change for some time.  In the meantime, I'm looking forward to using the
> new version.
>
> Jim

Yes, I see that now. I was just thinking about getting in and adding some
features like support for channel groups and recording profiles. Guess I'll
hold off. My PHP is pretty decent, but I've never done substantial work
with javascript and only minimal tweaks to existing AJAX code so it looks
like I'll need to brush up on that if I want to continue contributing since
that appears to be the main bulk of the new code.

Thanks,

Karl