[mythtv-users] OFF TOPIC: Text Editor(s) ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Nov 14 22:10:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> What Text Editor do you think is "the best" (by what ever definition you choose),

Some form of vi.  (vim being common.  Often "vi" is provided by vim,
depending on your distribution and installed packages.)

> and/or the one that you would recommend to a "newbie" like me?

That depends.  Are you a newbie that wants to stay a newbie
permanently or a newbie that wants to become a fully fledged
administrator?

The former can use something like gedit, the latter should learn vi.

Advanced vi usage takes a lifetime to learn, but the basics can be
mastered in under an hour.

Eric
:wq