[mythtv-users] Marking a recording as `Watched`

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Fri Nov 15 22:32:31 UTC 2013

I recently added a HDHR (non-prime) to my system and I have to say I
love it... don`t get too many channels OTA up here in central Ontario,
but not ready to move back into the urban environment yet, so just one
of the costs you have to live with.

My wife noticed an oddity on the recorded programs screen.  When she
watches a recording which was recorded on one of my other tuners
(HDPVR(s), HVR1600, PVR150), you get a little 'eye' on the recorded
programs screen indicating which ones have been watched. When I watch a
recording (whether completed or in progress) which is being/has been
recorded on the HDHR it doesn't mark the recording as 'watched' unless I
specifically mark it as watched.  I really haven't had sufficient time
to try and track this one down yet, but is this a known issue or just
some oddity in my system?  Any logging options you might suggest to
reveal what is going on here?

Version info:
MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-496-gb83e6052
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 78
Library API : 0.28.20131103-1
QT Version : 4.8.6
Options compiled in:
  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd
using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl
using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_profiletype using_mythlogserver using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libxml2

and in case its relevant, currently using the mythbuntu theme, on remote
front-end(s) (no frontend on the MBE).

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.

Andrew.