[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV Backend?

Forum forum-da at padaba.de
Sun Nov 17 20:51:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've installed MythTV on Linux Mint and MythTV Frontend says "Could not
connect to the master backend server....". I've then checked MythTV
Backend Status with "sudo status mythtv-backend" and got:
mythtv-backend stop/waiting.

I started MythTV backend with "sudo start mythtv-backend":
"mythtv-backend start/running, process 5703."
But just immediately after that "sudo status mythtv-backend" is still
mythtv-backend stop/waiting.

Why is it not possible to start mythtv-backend?

D.