[mythtv-users] Splitting movies from TV series

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:18:54 UTC 2013

Hi

For years I had a single videos folder, containing subfolders like
Actions, Romance, Family, Cartoons and ... TV

And the videos storage group was linked to that single folder.

the actual directory structure actually being:
/data/videos
/data/recordings
/data/images
/data/music
/data/photos

This suited me fine.

I want to change it however so the actual directory structure is like so:
/data/videos/movies
/data/videos/TV
/data/videos/recordings
/data/images
/data/music
/data/photos

(reason for this is that I'm migrating all my files to a ZFS NAS
server which will be mounted via NFS)

So when I go into the mythvideo I get to choose immediately between
movies and TV

So I modified the videos storage group so it would have a link to
/data/videos/movies and to /data/videos/TV

Problem with this setup is that the content of TV and movies are
merged into a single content, which makes it very impractical to
navigate.

Obviously, I could have changed my SG to point to /data/videos itself;
but then it shows the "recording" folder which I don't want to see
there.

So is there a way to have the directory structure describe above, that
will present me separately the TV and movie folder?

Thanks
JY