[mythtv-users] Entry missing from Recordings list

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Nov 22 07:57:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:55:25 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a predicament where Myth 0.26 recorded a show, but did not
>create an entry in the recordings list.  Is there an easy way to
>insert an entry into the recordings list?  The myth.rebuilddb.pl
>script does not appear to be included with 0.26 and I'm getting a
>"Can't locate Time/Format.pm" error when running
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth.rebuilddb.pl
>
>I believe the problem arose because we were watching the show on
>livetv using tuner 2 while the same program was being recorded by
>tuner 1.  As a result, I have a temporary file of the show in a livetv
>directory and another file in a television directory.  Mythcommflag
>successfully scans the file, so I'm presuming that there are some
>entries for the recording in the database, however it's not visible in
>the menu or through mythweb.
>
>Thoughts?
>

>Thanks,
>Rob

Have you checked what your group filter is set to?  Media Library >
Watch Recordings > M (or remote Menu key) > Change Group Filter.  I
think if you have it set to Default instead of All Programs, the
LiveTV recordings will not be listed.  I do not have any LiveTV
recordings at the moment, but I think that when I do, there is also a
LiveTV filter setting that shows up in the list to select.

In 0.27, the group filter setting is visible at the top of the list of
programs, which I find very useful, having several times been hunting
for a missing program because of a wrong group filter setting.