[mythtv-users] very slow youtube - please help

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Nov 26 15:15:39 UTC 2013

Hi there,

ever since upgrading from Mythbuntu 11.x to 12.04 I have issues with
unusable Youtube replay on my Atom 1.6 GHz with NVIDIA ION on FullHD TV.
Yet Google Chrome replays the same video on the same hardware almost
perfectly. Is Flash in Chrome using HW acceleration? Could the internal
web browser in MythTV use HW acceleration for its flash.so as well?

I have prepared a video showing my TV set trying to play a video first
using Google Chrome and then via MythTV internal web browser. You can
see (and hear, since there is major video-behind-audio problem) the
issue here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az5x2MQSfdg

It'd be great if you with similar HW could try out the same song and
tell me if it works better for you. I suspect the Qt's (KHTML?) browser
to miss something simple to enable the HW acceleration for flash...

Thanks,

Petr