[mythtv-users] Pixelated recordings more common with HDHR Prime after 0.27 upgrade?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:44:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> The HDHR communications protocol uses UDP, and does not retransmit on lost
> packets.  Any lost packets during recording means permanently lost video
> data.

Somewhat self serving comment follows:

Ticket 11565 is a feature patch that would enable
one to report the HDHR stream statistics in the
logs (if one upped the logging verbosity).  It would
not solve any lost packet issues, but might help
identify the sources (or eliminate some possibilities).

I believe the ticket is queued waiting for developer
resources to become available to review it and
make the appropriate decisions on steps forward
(or rejection).

Gary