[mythtv-users] Odd filespace issue

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Oct 1 14:48:04 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Doug Lytle" <support at drdos.info>

> >> Fair point. We made a *major* kernel jump; do you know what rev XFS
> >> picked that up in?
>
> I believe you'd have to enable that in your fstab, it isn't automatic.

As my memory of recent XFS list traffic led me to believe, once it was
jogged:

1) No, you have to turn it *off* if you don't want it, and
2) It's really old: 2.6.38?  I apparently had *just* missed having it
all those years:

http://serverfault.com/questions/406069/why-are-my-xfs-filesystems-suddenly-consuming-more-space-and-full-of-sparse-file

Cheers,
-- jra