[mythtv-users] VAAPI / OpenGL and myth 0.26 - black screen on playback

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Oct 1 20:06:56 UTC 2013

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Andrey Zhunev <a-j at a-j.ru> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>

>> CentOS 6.4 and MythTV 0.26 with Intel Sandy Bridge video. Whenever I
>> set mythfrontend to use vaapi or OpenGL, I get a black screen during
>> video playback (sound works fine).

> In order to get vaapi to work, one must select the opengl painter in
> addition to selecting vaapi for video playback.

MythFrontend ->> Setup -> Appearance - Painter set to Auto or OpenGL (not Qt)
MythFrontend ->> Setup -> Video -> Playback -> (Screen 3/8) -> Select
> "VAAPI normal" profile

My painter engine is set to Auto. For some reason, it doesn't want to
stick to OpenGL - I see the following lines in the log:

CoreContext mythmainwindow.cpp:1020 (Init) - Trying the OpenGL painter
CoreContext mythrender_opengl.cpp:66 (Create) - OpenGL: Could not determine whether Sync to VBlank is enabled.
CoreContext mythrender_opengl.cpp:139 (IsRecommendedRenderer) - OpenGL: OpenGL is using software rendering.
CoreContext mythmainwindow.cpp:1039 (Init) - OpenGL painter not recommended with this system's hardware/drivers. Falling back to Qt painter.

Whenever I choose 'VAAPI Normal', I get an error 'Failed to initialize
video output' when playing any video.
The log for 'VAAPI Normal' is here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=M3MGRUNr

--
Best regards,