[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 01:09:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM, lists.md301 <lists.md301 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at>wrote:
>
>> Rich, would you mind telling us how you set up your nfs-based-FE? Maybe
>> even share the tarball? ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for your work, I'd be happy to help test things ... Stefan
>>

> Yes, I'd be interested in that too.  Over the years I've tried reading
> various instructions, but perhaps because I lack some particular
> experience, never could figure out how that should work (particularly in my
> Gentoo context).  My stand-alone frontends right now are all Atom/ION
> machines with laptop drives, but it would sure be nice to only have to
> maintain one NFS root tree.  (Of course, I have the complication that the
> hosting master backend is not an Atom, thankfully, so I'd have to maintain
> a distinct NFS root directory, but only once.)

I have 3 diskless machines using NFS/PXE boot on gentoo.  I pretty much
followed the directions here:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Diskless_nodes.  The directions are long
but are very thorough.  My master backend is the
NFS host which has BTRFS as it's main filesystem.  Using BTRFS snapshots
makes it very easy to backup the diskless nodes which are just directories
on the MBE.

Hope this helps