[mythtv-users] UK Freeview EIT EPG oddities

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Oct 2 15:13:51 UTC 2013

On 02.10.2013 17:05, Rick Lane wrote:

> My myth box uses the over-the-air epg from UK Freeview, and recently
> I've noticed a couple of things in the EPG are leading to mistakes by
> the scheduler and metadata downloader.
>
> Namely, the way new airings of shows are occasionally being titled,
> for example, 'New: Octonauts' instead of simply 'Octonauts'. My
> already-existing rules to record 'Octonauts' are missing these new
> episodes, and I've had to search the listings and create new rules to
> catch them.

Please update to fixes/0.26 or fixes/0.27 of August 1st or newer to get
the latest fixups for "New: " in UK EIT data.

,,,

> This obviously isn't a 'bug', but an unclean data source. Is there an
> acknowledged 'mythtv' way of straightening the EPG out before the
> scheduler runs on it, or tricks I haven't found on my trawls through
> the wiki?

For the UK fixup see
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp?h=fixes/0.27#n708
the "New: " prefix gets handled here
   event.description = event.description.remove(m_ukNew);

These fixups get applied to the following transports
http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eithelper.cpp?h=fixes/0.27#n969

Regards,
Karl