[mythtv-users] CentOS 6.4 and MythTV 0.27

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Thu Oct 3 08:05:07 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I would like to report a success running MythTV 0.27 on CentOS 6.4.

I used to compile MythTV 0.26 from source, so I had most of the
dependencies already installed. I just had to add the Qt4.8, which is
a prerequisite for 0.27. The Qt was compiled from sources as well.
For those who will repeat my path, don't forget to add '-dbus'
option while configuring the new Qt, so that it compiles with QtDBus.

Everything went smooth, and I have MythTV 0.27 running for several
hours now.

The only issue I have is OpenGL / VAAPI does not work with a built-in
Intel video adapter. As stated in another thread, I get no video at
all. But I suspect that to be a driver-related issue and it was
present in 0.26 for me as well.
I tried to find out what is wrong there, but I'm running out of ideas,
so I am likely to put my NVidia GT220 back in, and use VDPAU (as it
worked great in 0.26).

Thanks a lot to Myth Devs for this great software!

--
Best regards,
 Andrey