[mythtv-users] Holy porno coverart batman!

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 22:27:16 UTC 2013

> On 4 Oct 2013, at 6:17 am, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>>    I dunno. The whole "inappropriate content" thing seems to be a bigger problem.
>> This seems like something that should be governed by ratings controls if it were a
>> recording or video0. The possibility that metadata also needs to be managed in the
>> same way is an intriguing development.
>
> I don't see why you'd want to add that layer of complexity.  I don't
> see the problem with pornographic metadata if it's correctly matched
> up with the content.  If the content is hidden, the metadata should
> be, too, and vice versa.
>
> In other words, if metadata and content wasn't mismatched, this
> wouldn't be an issue (of course, ignoring cases where this happens due
> to deliberate vandalism, but I don't know what could be done about
> that).
>
> Eric
[Mark] I think it's been suggested before and it is probably the simplest solution "IF" you could get the people behind TVDB / TMDB to agree -  get them to use index references that are unique between the two databases (maybe just a prefix or suffix T / M for simplicity). Seems to me it (unique ref) would make a lot of sense given the two databases are perhaps just two halves of a larger 'video' database and are going to be used in very close proximity in many circumstances...