[mythtv-users] Holy porno coverart batman!

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Oct 4 06:28:57 UTC 2013

On 03.10.2013 22:47, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM, jedi<jedi at mishnet.org>  wrote:
>>      I dunno. The whole "inappropriate content" thing seems to be a bigger problem.
>> This seems like something that should be governed by ratings controls if it were a
>> recording or video0. The possibility that metadata also needs to be managed in the
>> same way is an intriguing development.
>
> I don't see why you'd want to add that layer of complexity.  I don't
> see the problem with pornographic metadata if it's correctly matched
> up with the content.  If the content is hidden, the metadata should
> be, too, and vice versa.
>
> In other words, if metadata and content wasn't mismatched, this
> wouldn't be an issue (of course, ignoring cases where this happens due
> to deliberate vandalism, but I don't know what could be done about
> that).

I went over to IAFD to see their stance on explicit pictures and if the
special purpose database does not show naked pictures of adult actors
or films then its ok for me if the general movie database does not show
them either.

See http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/524e5eda760ee331d5029ddc

Regards,
Karl