[mythtv-users] Upstart Job fails to connect to backend

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Oct 4 17:28:53 UTC 2013

>> I've upgraded from 0.25 to 0.27, it's mostly working, but after recent updates, the upstart job no longer connects to the backend.

Below is a copy of my upstart script that I use:

cat mythbackend.conf
# MythTV Backend service

description "MythTV Backend"
author "Mario Limonciello <superm1 AT ubuntu DOT com>"

start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=lo and started udev-finish and started mysql)
stop on runlevel [016]

#expect fork
respawn
respawn limit 2 3600

pre-start script
[ -x /usr/sbin/mysqld ] || exit 0
for i in `seq 1 30` ; do
/usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping && exit 0
sleep .5
done
end script

script
test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
LANG=$LANG env HOME=/root /usr/local/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv --syslog local7
end script