[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu MySQL bind address for 0.27

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 15:17:39 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 08:53 AM, David Edwards wrote:
> On 5 October 2013 14:29, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In your config.xml file (for the user that was running mythtv-setup,)
>> are you using a hostname, localhost or an IP address?
>>
>>    <Database>
>>      <Host>localhost</Host>
>
> localhost
>
>> If you: grep label /etc/gai.conf, are any lines uncommented?
>
> All commented out.
>
> If it's relevant, this was a vanilla 12.04 server with the Mythbuntu
> PPA added. I think I started from 0.25 on this installation. I don't
> recall ever having tweaked my network or MySQL settings.

That was my best shot. Something appears to be preferring IPv6
over IPv4. I'm on 12.04, but the server 'edition'. There is a
preference section to /etc/gai.conf but I've never changed
anything there (mine are all defaults e.g. commented out.)

You could try:

     nmap -p 3306 --reason -n localhost
     nmap -6 -p 3306 --reason -n localhost

and I'm guessing you'll get a response on both. I just added
the :: bind-address on my box. Before doing it, the 2nd command
above failed (it was set to 0.0.0.0.)

To answer your original question, it's not a MythTV issue. But
there are some IPv6 mavens here, so you might get an answer.

--
Bill