[mythtv-users] Need help with investigating intermittent loading of IR device

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 18:25:54 UTC 2013

Update:

FWIW, it looks like I have found a repeatable way to make the failure occur.

When I switch between the current MythBuntu 10.04 system disk and the
in-the-process-of-being-built-and-configured MythBuntu 12.04 system disk, I
shut the system down and turn off the power at the power supply before
disconnecting one disk and connecting the other.

I have the BIOS set to automatically boot up after "power failure", so as
soon as I turn the power supply back on, the system boots up.

While this (swapping disks with the power off) is a sure-fire way to
prevent corrupting the working system disk while working on the new one, it
apparently does something (or doesn't?) that makes the creation of
/dev/iguanaIR/0 not happen.

Looks like a simple "shutdown -r now" resolves the issue.  I still don't
know what the issue is, though.

?????

--
Craig.