[mythtv-users] Backend no-longer shuts down after yesterdays update...

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sat Oct 5 23:51:04 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 04:31 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 10/05/2013 04:55 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> >  Verbose mask changed, new mask is:  general system idle
> (followed by nothing)
>
> There were some commits last week that are to allow mythfilldatabase to
> wakeup a backend if it needs to get listings. My 0.28-pre boxes have
> everything up to date and are shutting down fine. I just tested before
> sending this reply.
>
> They were released on Thursday and Friday (I didn't notice they went to
> 0.27/fixes too.) And, I don't know that they were the cause of what you're
> seeing (or not seeing.) Two more fixes came out today. Maybe you just
> need the next update.

I updated immediately after sending my last e-mail. I did not see any change then, but I shut my computer off to go and get a
hair cut. I just checked, and my script has been run 3 times since I turned the computer back on. It seems it is being run at 5
minute intervals instead of the 3 minute intervals I had programmed.
So it looks like the latest patch may have fixed the problem. I'll find out tonight for sure.