[mythtv-users] 0.26 -> 0.27 UPnP Failure?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 19:20:35 UTC 2013

On 10/06/2013 01:49 PM, Nigel Jewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just upgraded from 0.26 to 0.27.  It was a fairly seamless process, apart from UPnP via VLC.
>
> With 0.26 I could fire up VLC, navigate to "Universal Plug'n'Play", click the down arrow next to the server name and see a list of my
> recordings.  With 0.27 I can do exactly the same thing, but the list doesn't appear.
>
> Any ideas?  There is nothing obvious in the standard logs, and so far the release notes haven't given me any clues.

Hi;

You could try running:

     mythbackend --setverbose upnp

and possibly

     mythbackend  --setloglevel debug

to get additional information. That's done to a running backend.

Unless VLC stores the backend's name and didn't know about the name
change: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/d538503 .

(I haven't ever used VLC.)

--
Bill