[mythtv-users] Video Library vs. Watch Recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Oct 6 19:31:13 UTC 2013

On 10/6/2013 3:20 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>> Just having to manually "Scan for Changes" on every front-end...
>
> You shouldn't need to do that.  After scanning for changes once, you
> should not need to repeat the scan on additional frontends.

It only loads content when you load the Video Library, so if you want to
refresh the content after scanning elsewhere, you must exit, wait a few
seconds for the cache to flush, and then re-enter. I get the feeling
people running scans on multiple frontends is the cause of most of these
reports of duplicate content in the Video Library. Of course, I would
still consider this a bug, which will be resolved by moving the scan
completely into the master backend.