[mythtv-users] Zotac ZBOX ID13U Intel GMA 3150 getting blue screen on playback

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 7 20:23:42 UTC 2013

On 10/7/2013 3:46 PM, Nathan wrote:
> I have searched the lists and haven't found anything specific to the Intel 3150 getting the blue screen on playback so I am posting this message for help.
>
> I am using a ZOTAC ZBOX ID13U as a frontend
> Specs:
> 1.8 Dual Core Atom
> Intel GMA 3150 Graphics
> Myth 0.25
> Ubuntu 12.04

Before spending any more time attempting to correct this issue, I would
question whether this machine is worth using as a frontend in the first
place.  This machine does not have any usable hardware decode
acceleration, meaning you're going to be depending entirely on software
decoding, and that CPU is marginal for anything HD. You'll be able to
play DVDs and standard definition recordings, but I wouldn't expect
anything beyond that.