[mythtv-users] MFDB 0.26 failing

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 7 21:05:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

> It had been my observation that the various SchedulesDirect
> initiated "refreshes" can take a bit to propagate through their
> (or someone elses, perhaps TMS's) system, and the advice
> to "wait a little while" after changes means what it says.
>
> I am sure you know about various (CDN) caching issues :-)

If you mean "wait a little while" after the *cableco* changes its
lineups, yeah, that's clear, but that happened -- so far as I know --
once, months ago.

When I installed it, I had a broken lineup that predated the change,
and mfdb declined to update it, so I flushed it out, and mfdb declined
to fill it with *anything*.  Several times.  Even though it *said* it
was doing so.

Come to think of it, that's the exact same behavior it's been giving me
on program data:

1) run mfdb
2) mfdb says it has pulled down random large number of bytes of data
3) mfdb *says* it has successfully stuffed that data into  mysql
4) mfdb is lying

Dunno what to make of that.

Cheers,
-- jra