[mythtv-users] MFDB 0.26 failing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 7 21:26:32 UTC 2013

On 10/07/2013 05:08 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]
>>> 2 weeks ago, I had to do the channel refresh about 5 times before I
>>> actually
>>> got a lineup.
>> On the SD website? This has absolutely nothing to do with MythTV or
>> MythTV configuration.
> Nope; never logged into there; I don't even have the credentials; my
> sister set up the account for her box.

You'll have to ask her for the credentials or ask her to click the
button to re-add the lineup or find the password in the database or
something, then, because until you fix your SD account...

> I'm referring to instructing mfdb to retrieve the lineup and and plug it
> into the db.
>
>>> And, last night, I reran grab-all one more time, and I had 3 new
>>> days of
>>> data; this morning, I rechecked, and whatever ran overnight pulled
>>> what
>>> appears to be a full load.
>>>
>>> I'm going to take someone's advice and update further to .27, if I
>>> can
>>> find packages for it (Packman only builds back as far as 12.3 --
>>> which is
>>> current -- and I'm on 12.2).
>> Again, try the re-add all lineups on the SD website. You shouldn't
>> need to touch your MythTV system or mythtv-setup to fix this.
> Since there have been no lineup changes I'm aware of, I'm not sure
> why program data insertion should fail (recordings would fail, but
> that's a different story), but as I say, mfdb, whether retrieving
> channels or programs, *says* it's inserting data, but that data is
> not there when I go to look for it.

The lineup on SD website is "broken" in that something in TMS's database
about the account you're using and the lineup it's using and the
channels it has selected is broken.  You need to delete the lineup from
the SD website (which deletes the lot from the TMS database), then
create a new lineup.

This problem is so common (and happens at random times--often when the
service provider adds/removes/shuffles/changes/... channels around, even
if those channels aren't part of the SD member's lineup) that SD made a
single button for users to click that deletes and re-adds the lineup
exactly as it was before.

Think of it as "rebooting" the lineup.  Until you do this, the problem
will continue.  The mythfilldatabase program is working exactly as it
should.  It is downloading what data SD/TMS gives it, and it is putting
it in your database.  As shown by the command you ran and the log
message I quoted in a previous reply (here, again, for your viewing
pleasure):

> couch at duckling:/home/jra>   mythfilldatabase --logpath /var/log/mythtv --dd-grab-all

> 2013-10-06 21:10:04.254279 I  Grab complete.  Actual data from 2013-10-06T00:00:00Z to 2013-10-07T00:00:00Z (UTC)

mythfilldatabase is saying, "Give me /all/ the data for /all/ the days
available in the TMS database for my lineup," and SD/TMS is giving back
exactly 1 day of data.  That means the problem is with SD/TMS.  Until
you fix that problem, you'll get exactly the same (working, but limited
by the data it's receiving) behavior from mythfilldatabase.

Mike