[mythtv-users] Setup crashes on OS X

Mark Dow mark.dows.email at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 01:47:26 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I am new to the group and need some help.  I recently cut the cord from cable/satellite and am trying to establish MythTv as my new front and back end DVR.

Well, I downloaded mysql and mythtv setup but can't get it to work.  I installed mysql and went through the setup steps for the database described on the wiki.  Then the first time I run mythtv setup, it will give me the grayish screen and then ask for language.  Once I select the language and select next, the program crashes.  On subsequent tries to run set up, it brings up the grayish screen and then crashes.

Any thoughts?  I installed mysql version 5.1 and am trying to setup mythtv backend v0.27.  I am running a Mac with OS X 10.8.5 with Intel Core i5

Thanks,  Mark