[mythtv-users] disabling notifications

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Wed Oct 9 02:21:15 UTC 2013

I upgraded to 0.27 a few days ago, so I'm starting to see some of the new
Notification Center messages. Is there a way I can disable certain
notifications? For example, I have a frontend that I wake and suspend every day.
When I wake it, I immediately get a notification that the backend is online.
This daily "everything's OK" alarm is annoying and useless to me, so I don't
want it to appear. Can I tell MythTV not to display it?

I kind want to just theme the notifications so they appear offscreen or are
invisible. Is there any important information provided through notifications
that I'll miss if I do this? Notifications seem to be pretty important for
AirPlay support, but I don't use that so I don't mind missing those
notifications.