[mythtv-users] Setup crashes on OS X

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 02:39:17 UTC 2013

On 10/8/13 9:47 PM, Mark Dow wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to the group and need some help.  I recently cut the cord from cable/satellite and am trying to establish MythTv as my new front and back end DVR.
>
> Well, I downloaded mysql and mythtv setup but can't get it to work.  I installed mysql and went through the setup steps for the database described on the wiki.  Then the first time I run mythtv setup, it will give me the grayish screen and then ask for language.  Once I select the language and select next, the program crashes.  On subsequent tries to run set up, it brings up the grayish screen and then crashes.
>
> Any thoughts?  I installed mysql version 5.1 and am trying to setup mythtv backend v0.27.  I am running a Mac with OS X 10.8.5 with Intel Core i5
>
> Thanks,  Mark
I'm assuming that you downloaded the binary? Or did you compile it yourself?
If it's a downloaded binary, which one? The Wiki lists two different
places to download it, each is a usually a different sub version.
That would be a place to start from.
Have you tried running the setup from terminal? If it bails, you might
get an error message displayed in the terminal.