[mythtv-users] 0.27 Frontend for Windows

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Wed Oct 9 14:39:33 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Andréas Kühne
Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:27 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 0.27 Frontend for Windows

2013/10/9 Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Raymond Wagner
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2013 4:09 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV

On 10/4/2013 12:50 AM, Mike Carron wrote:

> Where can I find one?

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows#Unofficial_Windows_Pre-Builds>
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows#Unofficial_Windows_Pre-Builds

If none are listed there, you'll have to build MythTV yourself.

**

That statement may well be true but I suspect you will agree it is a bit
cavalier. I don’t do builds anymore, my last one was in the early 1980s. My
programming and developing days are far behind me and I’m just looking for a
system that allows me to eliminate WMC. I thought I had one.

I had a system where my backend was 0.25-fixes, my Mythtv frontend was 0.25
running on Windows and my two low power (Zotac ZBOX AD03 running XBMC
(OpenELEC 3.2). I followed the advice to upgrade my backend to 0.27 which I
did, installing it on a fresh install of Ubuntu Server 13.04.

My new backend is running perfectly and I have fair control over it with
MythWeb. My MythTV frontend is gone because the 0.25 frontend will not
communicate with the 0.27 backend and there is no 0.27 frontend for Windows.
My XBMC boxes are gone because their cmyth add-on evidently cannot
communicate with the 0.27 backend. I installed MythTV frontends on Xubuntu
on those boxes and they connect just fine to the backend but they cannot
deliver HD video, with the video completely unable to keep up with the
stream.

I guess I will start over in the morning, hopefully I will still be able to
find a repository with 0.25 on it.

mike

Mike,

I feel your pain, sorry to hear that you have had problems upgrading.
However the xubuntu boxes should be able to keep up with HD video, they
aren't running only with Wifi are they?

Just a heads up that if you don't have a backup of the database for 0.25,
you won't be able to downgrade because a 0.25 backend won't be able to read
a 0.27 database. There were pretty big changes to the database in 0.26 and
to downgrade from there would be a pain in the ....

Regards,

Andréas

**

Andreas,

The xubuntu boxes are hard wired through a gigabyte switch so that isn’t the
problem. I suspect it is a driver issue.

Fortunately I don’t have a large enough database yet to really worry about
it so I will start over with a fresh install of Ubuntu server on a clean
system disk. I’m hoping the Ubuntu repositories still have 0.25

mike