[mythtv-users] 0.27 and AirPlay

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:43:58 UTC 2013

On 10 October 2013 00:42, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 October 2013 00:34, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> No.  Why don't you send me the iPhone 5s and I'll try it?  ;)
>
> I was trying to reset some settings on my phone that were getting me
> annoyed, so I did a restore from the iPhone 5 I did 3 days ago...
> And now my 5S only sees audio mode :)

I was attempting to find out why the iphone wouldn't see my frontend suddenly.
I rebooted the router, to no available.

So on my frontend machine (running linux) I ran the following command:

avahi-publish-service TEST  _airplay._tcp 6000
deviceid=FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF features=0x7 model=AppleTV2,1

to see if the iPhone would see that particular device.. It didn't..
But suddenly I could see the myth frontend !
(FWIW, iTunes sees the TEST device when playing a video just fine)