[mythtv-users] disabling notifications

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 02:08:14 UTC 2013

On 10 October 2013 12:22, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:
> That's a good point. I didn't consider the possibility that this is unintended
> behavior. The notification is created in a function named
> HideConnectionFailurePopup, which doesn't seem to correspond with what the
> notification does, so maybe you're right that it's a bug.

personally I like the notification. It's non intrusive (in my opinion)
and let me know right away if there's a potential problem or not. It
doesn't get in the way of any use of myth (you can still can navigate
in the app, dismiss if you really don't like it) and is only displayed
for 5s...

Having said that, that notification should only appear of an error has
been shown before...

It could very well be that there's actually a failure to connect to
the backend when you just restarted the frontend. The "success"
notification is displayed in the same spot. So if the failure occurs,
followed by immediately a success to connect; then all you'll see is
the success one.