[mythtv-users] disabling notifications

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Thu Oct 10 03:22:01 UTC 2013

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote on Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 02:10:06PM +1100:
> On 10 October 2013 13:51, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > As the system is waking from sleep, it's possible that Myth is brought back up
> > before the network is, which would cause the behavior you're describing. Do
> > these notifications replace anything that happened in 0.26? In 0.26, I would
> > occasionally get a dialog box saying the backend couldn't be found, but that
> > only happened when the backend really was down. It never happened when waking
> > the system from sleep.
>
> yes, the notification in regards to the status of the backend only
> replace what would have been a pop-up in 0.26 and earlier...
>
> I guess I could add a quick check to test how long the backend was
> down notification had been displayed for and then not bother with the
> ok one...

I don't think that would help in this case, because then I'd see the one saying
the backend is down, and I don't want to see that one, either. In 0.26, I didn't
get a popup saying the backend was down when I woke the system from sleep.

> the other aim of the notifications is to help troubleshooting what
> would otherwise only show in the logs.
> if you check your logs, do you see any errors about not being able to
> connect to the backend?

I'll have to check the next time I bring that frontend up and get back to you.